I finished Kenzie's capri set today, on her Birthday. Her party isn't until Sunday so I had a little time, but I was really worried about getting everything done on time. The taupe pair of capri has a double ruffle around the bottom. Kenzie had seen a pair on the Country Bumpkin website and wanted them. I had to figure out how to do the double ruffle for myself. Alan searched for over an hour in JoAnns in Billings for the perfect fabric. The lime green pair was the pair I made to make sure I had the pattern right. When I tried them on Kenzie inside out to adjust them to fit she wasn't quite sure what to think of it. Especially when I started pinning them while she was still wearing them. I was really surprised that two completely different colors of bottoms both matched the top perfectly. It's all in the pink and green. Now that I have more time I think I'll go get a knit top and embroider something on it to go with the lime bottoms.
You can't tell by the photo's but I embroidered the straps on the top. The smocking in the top was the first piece of smocking I ever did. I went out to Chris's house and we pleated the fabric. We poured over, I swear, 100 Sew Beautiful and Australian Smocking and Embroidery magazines and I picked out my smocking design. After going through all those magazines I ended up picking my design out of her smocking plates! Originally the smocking was going to go into a dress but since that hadn't happened yet, I put in in a top instead. I enjoy smocking so much and I will always remember that day at Chris's.
I sure do miss you Chris!