Saturday, July 06, 2019

Rugs Done

 When I started this rug from The Old Tattered Flag I had a burgundy background and a different medium neutral. I realized about 1/3rd of the way through it that I wasn't going to have enough of the red. It had been so long since I dyed the wool that I couldn't remember how I dyed it so I pulled all the red out. After I chose a brown I realized the medium tone wouldn't work so I pulled it all out too. I just felt like it HAD to get done so pulling the colors out didn't bother me as much as an unfinished project did. I'm glad I reworked the rug and I'm glad it's finished.
The binding still needs done on this chicken rug. This is my second rug with this pattern and our Guild, Wild West Rug Hookers is going to raffle it off to make money for education. I'm really happy with how this one turned out. I hope it sells a lot of tickets.
I will have the tickets for sale soon on our Facebook Page, Wild West Rug Hookers. The drawing will be the end of September at our 3 day Hook-In in Shell, WY.

1 comment:

Alex Navarro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.