Sunday, March 03, 2019

Hooked Rugs and a Hooked Bag

Since the new year I finished a couple of rugs, a bag, and I'm almost finished with another rug that is the first rug hooked on my new Cheticamp Frame.
Clover is so fun. She is a Theresa Rapstine pattern hooked with torn strips. Walking on this rug is heavenly! I'm almost finished with a Rooster named Rosco who is purple. He has quite the crush on Clover!

I also finished the Crazy Horse Bag by Susan Quicksall. It was finished by a leather company and I absolutely love it. I bought Susan's kit and I'm so glad I did. It came with drawings of the bag and marked which wools went where. The wools were also well marked. I think I"m going to use this bag as my purse.


I especially like how the leather company used a black leather on the gussets and the brown on top. The inside is lined with sturdy lining with pockets and a heavy duty double pull zipper at the top.
 The two cats, Miss and Match, is a pattern from Baa Ram Ewe. I bought the pattern at the Denver Hook-In. I needed something small to work on after finishing the Stonehouse Runner and this was just what I needed.
 
I mentioned the Cheticamp Frame earlier. My daughter and I, mainly my daughter, built it ourselves. There were no real directions so I drew out the blueprint on graph paper and we took off to build it. The hardest part was finding the wood. We live is small towns so the lumber yards didn't have many choices for different woods. Home Depot was our next stop and everything was right there! 
I'm going to figure out getting gears and my daughter can start building new ones to sell. The only place to buy the frames right now is in Canada so I think being able to purchase one in the States will be nice. 

Rosco is almost finished so I'll post him and the Cheticamp frame next time!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Your projects are beautiful. I especially love your purse/bag. Can you share the name of the leather co. That did the finishing work. Did you tell them how you wanted it done? Or did they just wing it? Looking forwards to seeing the new frame

sylviaquilt said...

It's Down Home Leather in Mt Vernon. This is pretty much how they do it. I picked how long I wanted my handles, and that I wanted brown leather, lined, double zipper and 4" gussets.
I like it because I don't have to finish the edges but it wasn't inexpensive. Around $280 and my Lincoln Bag which is on here from a few years ago was $120. They have gone up but still worth it. I call it my $600 bag, Almost $300 for the pattern and kit, and almost $300 for the bag.

Alex Navarro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.