Tuesday, February 06, 2018

New Year of Rugs

It's already February and I haven't shown any projects for a long while. I have had a blast hooking pillows lately.
It all started with the one pillow by Theresa Rapstine, then I had to hook her second pillow, Big Blue Flower. After that I thought how cute one more would be when I saw the adorable pillows being hooked at A Nimble Thimble in a class by Martha Lowery. I couldn't make it to Texas for the class, but I ordered the pillow pattern from them (Woolley Fox) and hooked it on my own with the decorative stitches I saw online that they did in the class. 
 Then I decided I needed one more smaller pillow so I drew a design much like the rug Martha Lowery hooked for the book Caldwell Impressions. Again I used the decorative stitches. I am so very happy with how all my pillows turned out. All of the outsides of the pillows are done with proddy.
In between pillows I worked on the Coffee rug I purchased from Carrie Martin at the Denver Hook-In. I had to change my border 5 times but I think I got it right now. This is a pretty big rug and it will be perfect in the kitchen.
 For a couple of years now I have had the Padula Pomegranates finished and I just never figured out why I never hung it up. One day I realized it was because I hated the two gold pomegranates so I pulled the gold out and re-hooked it in colors that were in the rug already. Thank goodness I dye too much fabric for a project because I still had some of the wool to use. I am much happier with it now and as soon as I sew the sleeve on it I will have it on the wall where it belongs.

No comments: