Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Messy Studio

I love this book cover. It reminds me so much of my day yesterday with my daughter Jenny. You see, I get completely overwhelmed with a mess like this and I have no idea where to start so I just keep playing tiddly winks, or in my case, sew. Jenny on the other hand, is Mother Bear. She jumps right in and takes control one step at a time. I can see where I want it to be when it's done, I just can't figure out where to start. I'm not a good organizer.
 
Jenny and I  always have such a good time when we work together like we did yesterday. It's so rare that we get to spend most of the day together and even though we were working, we were getting a lot of conversation in. 
 
I have come to the conclusion that I may never have my studio exactly the way I want it. My creative endeavors are aways changing and my studio needs to change with it, but hopefully soon it will be where I want it for this stage of my creativity.
 
 

1 comment:

Gayle said...

sounds like you have a WONDERFUL daughter to help you out like that! I think I'm in the same boat as you - it's just too hard to figure out where to start on projects that big!