Monday, December 13, 2010

New GrandBaby Aleena


I would like to introduce my new Granddaughter Aleena Michelle Diaz. She came to meet us at 4:03PM on 12/11/10.  These pictures are within a couple hours of when she was born. 

My daughter Shelly had been experiencing labor pains for an entire week. I can't even imagine going to work with labor pains, but she did! 

Grandpa Alan was at Aleena's birth. He said that he is 67 years old and he had experienced a lot of death because of war and experiences in his life, but never life. He was so excited when Shelly told him he could be there to see his granddaughter come into the world. I'm not sure if he ever realized before that it was an option for him. When my Grandson Vince was born I was there and talked about how it was the most amazing experience of my life. I think Alan realized that he had missed the most beautiful gift on Earth.

Alan is a hunter and Shelly loves elk meat so Alan felt it was so important to make sure she had an elk before the baby was born. Strange, I know. He and a friend, Ron Meyer went out hunting, shot elk, and still made it in time for the birth of Aleena.

Shelly did an amazing job giving birth and her husband Anthony is so great. I have always felt so Blessed with the family I have and life continues to show me how truly Blessed I really am. No matter what I get for Christmas this year, nothing will compare to the gift I received on Saturday and the feeling of having all my family around to enjoy this experience.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

1 comment:

Chris said...

She is perfect. What a blessing for Alan. It brings tears to my eyes to think of him there to see her birth. That is a special bond that will remain forever. I love her birth date too...12 11 10 too cool