Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Halloween Black Cat

I have been having so much fun making Halloween decorations.
This little cutie is a design I got from Heavens to Betsy. She hooked up quickly with a size 9 1/2. I tried quillies for the eyes and shirring for the ruffle on the hat. I used the bead stitch for the hat band. The whiskers are embroidery floss that I soaked after attaching with liquid starch. 

I save all my snippits and use them to stuff all my hooking projects. It is amazing how quickly those little things add up. I'm making a large stuffed witch and I think I'll have enough snippits to stuff her with too. All my pillows, chair pads, everything hooked, gets wool stuffing. I'm so cheap.

After my witch is finished I think I'll move on to Christmas. Maybe I need to do a pumpkin first. Oh dear. The addiction just keeps on going. 

No comments: