Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sheep and Sunflower Rug Finished

I finished the Sheep and Sunflower rug I started in August at Prairie Rose Rug School and I am so happy with how it turned out.
My biggest fear was the sheep I had to change the type of sheep it was from a black faced sheep because of the dark blue background. Thanks to Carol Messerli, who raises sheep, I found out that the face shape is different depending on the type of sheep it is. I did a little internet research and found this face, which I loved. I was so worried about the eyes and ears, but I think they turned out great. The internet is such an amazing tool.

I truly though the sunflowers were going to me the focal point of the rug but after the sheep was finished she took center stage. I did use creative license on the sunflowers and sheep. The original pattern is by Woodcrest Rug Designs.


No comments: