Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Autumn Eyes Bear Quilt



You can't even imagine how amazing this quilt is in real life! Autumn Eyes is designed by Toni Whitney for Bigfork Bay Cotton Company http://www.bigforkbaycottonco.com/ . I have ordered three of these kits for myself besides the three I am making for Bigfork Bay Cotton Co.'s trunk shows. I LOVE this one. I am making one for myself, one for my son, and one for the people who have taken such good care of my son when he moved to Washington. They love bear and just bought a new house so this will be the perfect gift. I only wish I took better pictures but you will just have to make one of your own so you can see how fabulous it really is.

This one, too, was a huge hit at Bighorn Quilts when I showed it to our monthly group, too. It looks hard because of the detail but the layout sheet and well written directions make it is so easy to put together.

I didn't think anything could surpass Toni Whitney's Spring Storm, the horse, but I should have known that she had more fantastic art in her. I can't thank Bigfork Bay Cotton Company enough for letting me make these amazing trunk shows for them. The entire crew are the most amazing women you can ever meet. Be sure to go to the link on the right for kits and patterns from Bigfork Bay and patterns from Bighorn Quilts.

Caution: This quilt is addictive! Once you make one, everyone you know and are related to will want one! It really is that breathtaking. If ordering a kit, consider ordering several just to save on shipping because you WILL be getting more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. It actually took my breath away when the picture cam up!! You have the most amazing talent!! (How about one for your favorite niece??;)

Jeanie Kieft said...

This one is great!!! I can't wait to see this in person. I just can't even find the words that describe this. It is wonderful!!! You have started something because I have had hints on this also!!!
geez at this rate I won't get to make the ones I like!!!