Thursday, June 22, 2017

June Project

I took an online class, Wonky House Ikea Stool, from Cindi Gay. The stool is from Ikea and it is chair height which makes it perfect for extra seating as well as putting your feet up. I changed my house. Hers was a white house and I didn't want that much white on the top of my stool.

 Yes, it would have been easier to get one picture of the pattern laying flat but I forgot so you get all four sides. She taught the perfect way to sew the side seams together.
 The designs wrap around the corners so her technique for sewing works perfectly for this design.
 I like the fact the the cover just slips over the Ikea stool and I can easily take it off if I ever need to clean it.
The class was very inexpensive. I'm taking her color planning course too. I have already learned so much from it. Cindi does Live Webinars every week that are incredibly educational and you can watch the edited versions HERE. I use her technique for binding since the beginning of my rug hooking. What a wonderful giving person to so freely give out all the wisdom she has amassed in her years of rug hooking. Thank you Cindi Gay.

4 comments:

moosecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had taken the course too! :-)

Sylvia said...

I think you can still sign up.

Gayle said...

A hooked footstool like yours is on my 'someday list' - this is just wonderful! You did a great job on it and I totally love the color of your house. Good work!

Faye said...

I really like yours! I sort of wish I changed the house on mine, never even occurred to me!