Monday, January 02, 2017

Last Rug of 2016

I had seen the rug Antique Floral by Maggie Bonanomi on Pinterest and had always thought it was such a great design. Then I saw it hooked by my friend Debra and knew I had to hook it.  After much searching and buying her books, which didn't have the rug in them, I finally ordered it from Maggie.

Even though I REALLY wanted to hook the rug in the same colors I had seen before, I chose to do red flowers and switch it up a little. I'm so happy with the way it turned out. The teal blue leaves are what made it come to life to me. The red isn't quite right in the picture but I'm not known for my photographic ability.



The chicken chair pad is a design by Lynne Gill. I changed the wing shape but I just love this design. I decided to do a proddy fringe to add pizazz.




This blurry picture is the pattern called Temperance by Two Old Crows. It is a copy of an old Tavern Sign. I decided to change the word Temperance to 30 Mile Stage Stop. My Great Grandpa ran a stage stop, post office, and saloon 30 miles between Billings, MT and Roundup, MT. I thought this would make a nice tribute to my family heritage.

2016 was a great year for rug hooking and friends. I can't wait to see what 2017 brings.


1 comment:

Faye said...

I love your 'Maggie' rug!