I thought I'd give an update on the progress I've made on my Lion and Lamb rug. If I wait until it's finished I might not post for a very long time. I am using mainly a size 4 cut.
I have really enjoyed doing this rug. There is always so much to learn. It makes me wish I had studied art.
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
The lion has a face! I'm sure I will have to change something as I go along. So far, as I hook another element of the face it shows something I thought was good needs re-hooked.
I re-hooked the pink in the nose 5 times, and the white under the eyes twice. Out of everything, the ears were the most challenging. I think part of the problem with the ears was that I couldn't see the whole face while I was hooking them. This is a big head. In fact, it seems life size.
I do think I like the face now, so I will move on to the mane. I would have never been able to do this without Judy Carter's book, Hooking Animals. It is so well written and I took her advise and only worried about one little section at a time. See the whole pattern in a post below.