Monday, August 24, 2015

Three Rugs Finished

Summer has been so busy, as it is for most people. Between getting to have two of my grandchildren during the day and my husband breaking his foot I have still found time to get a lot of hooking done.

I had ordered a kit for Fall Creek from Molly Colegrove. It was so much fun to hook and I really learned a lot from this little rug. I finished it off by adding it to a frame.


 The game board rug is from a Minick and Simpson book, Everyday Folk Art. It was so much fun to hook and it went REALLY fast. The rug is upside down, but you get the point. I hooked it so quickly that I decided to do the Irish Chain rug from the same book, in the same colors, after all, the wool is already out so I may as well make it easy.

The background on my crock rug is really more of a sage green. This is a design from Encompassing Designs. This one hooked up so quickly too. The jug bottom on the far right was wool I dyed with pennies.

So this is what I did this summer,

1 comment:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Love the Minick and Simpson rug--I have the book and love the blues