Saturday, November 22, 2014

Is it a Cowl or is it a Skirt?

A couple of months ago I started knitting lessons. I had always wanted to know how to knit and when the class list at our new yarn shop, Grand Loops, came out I immediately signed up for the Beginning II Knitting Class. I had made several dishcloths when my hubby Alan was going through chemo so I had a basic idea of knitting but the dishcloth was the extent of my knowledge.

In my first class Linda Nolan started me out with a hat and cowl. I had so much fun that I went on to learn the next two steps which were lace and cable hats. Thanks to the internet I found the cutest hat and cowl to make my little granddaughter. I was going to save it for her birthday, which is very soon, but when it was cold one day I gave them to her then.
 This is the picture of  my adorable granddaughter the day I gave them to here. The yarn I used is so soft and amazing!
This is what she did with the cowl after she got home. The cowl is now officially a skirt that she wears with her leggings and boots. Who would have ever thought. Notice the bracelets. They are hair rubber bands that she wears as bangles. Most of the time she has several on each arm. She is such a fashionista. 100% girl. She even wears fake fingernails and has more lipglosses than anyone I know.
And she only turning 4 years old! I can't wait to see what the teen years bring.

No comments: