Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dyeing Wool for Woolin Rouge

When no one hears from me for a long time it is because of one of three reasons. I am either totally preoccupied with family, things such as illness or crazy lives, or my Fibromyalgia is really bad, or I'm really into something I love. As usual, it's been a little of all three, but the things I have been doing that I love involve wool.
 
Creating colors of wool for Woolin Rouge has been one of those things occupying so much of my time and I LOVE it.
 
I'm trying to come up with my own palette of wool that is specifically Woolin Rouge. Thankfully I have always understood color, hues, tints, and value so that helps.
When I have spent the day dyeing wool I feel like I've had a day at the spa.
 
 
One of the other things I've been doing to relax is hooking another rug. Joan Strausbaugh's Big Black Dog. I talked about it in my June 22, 2012 post.  I took a little artistic license and changed it just a tiny bit to look like my son's dog Buck. So far I have had a blast working on it. Thankfully it seems to be going much faster than the last two.

Back to the Studio to create some more wonderful wool!
P.S. It's really just my unfinished basement but I feel more special when I call it a Studio.


3 comments:

Robin Leuschen said...

I just purchased a bunch of dye packets ( Cushing's ) from Laurie ( LJ Fibers) I had some but could only do a few colors....I am ready to get going...I love your rug !!
Robin

Gayle said...

Good to see your post today Sylvia - I'm glad you've been busy with dyeing & hooking - I'm one of those who has to follow a dye recipe exactly cuz I have no clue of what I'm doing otherwise - LOL - maybe you should right a book someday!

Chris said...

I have not tried dying wool. I need to one of these days.