Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Holly Birdie by Woolin Rouge for Bigfork Bay Cotton Co


We all know I can't take a photograph to same my soul but I give it a try anyway. Hard to believe my nephew is a professional photographer and my kids take better pictures with their cell phones, but it's true.

Anyway, I did a remake of Holly Birdie. The original was done for the French Magazine Magic Patch. It was in Moda fabrics and I just loved it, however, by the time Bigfork Bay tried ordering the fabric we needed it was sold out. So Traci Suzanne Marvel and Jane Anderson picked out new fabric at the shop and I remade the set for Bigfork Bay Cotton Company.  We all have that fabulous piece of Christmas or winter fabric that we fell in love with but never knew how to use. Now you can see how easy it is to use it for a table set for the Holidays!

The wool I used is from Weeks Dye Works. I just loved how it looks. Of course, if I was a decent photographer you could see the fabric better. The thread I used was, of course, Aurifil.  I used the Aurifil Lana Wool thread for the wool applique and the Aurifil 50 wt cotton for the quilting.  One of these days I'm going to use the Lana Wool to quilt it too. Humm. Maybe the next one.

The pattern is available for preorder right now at International Quilt Market. If you get to Market or Festival be sure to look up Bigfork Bay Cotton Company and say Hi to my peeps.

No comments: