Monday, September 28, 2009

Jan Barnett at Handi Quilter Retreat

Handi Quilter owners were invited to write their Handi Quilter Stories to try to win a free trip to Salt Lake City for a Handi Quilter Retreat.
This is the reception the winners got from the employees at Handi Quilter Headquarters. The winners had no idea what was going to happen when they walked in the door. What a great surprise this must have been.Jan Barnett, the woman who machine quilts my bigger quilts, was one of the winners.
Here she is along with the other winners. Jan is the one on the far right.
Jan is working on the HQ Sixteen while Cheryl Duncan, HQ Studio Educator, watches.
I wonder what wonderful new technique she is learning now?

As you can see, Jan is having a great time. Jan works so hard on their farm and still finds the time to quilt for others. She recently bought the HQ Fusion after many years of service from her HQ Sixteen. Her work is outstanding and I can't think of anyone who deserves this trip more. Congratulations Jan!



1 comment:

Chris said...

I just got my two quilts back that Jan did for me and they are WONDERFUL!!! I can't wait to post photos. I need to bind them in the next week or two and I will add the pics.