Monday, December 15, 2008

Butch by David King for Bigfork Bay Cotton Co.

Shelly, my daughter, and I finished two Butch quilts for Trunk Shows for Bigfork Bay Cotton Co. http://www.bigforkbaycottonco.com/. Butch is designed by the Artist David King and is the companion of Sundance which I finished earlier. Shelly drew the pieces to the Wonder Under Fusible Web, cut them out, and fused the pieces into a quilt top. All I had to do was quilt the top, bind and put on a hanging sleeve. Shelly has been such a great help to me.

This quilt is so adorable! My son Randy has a black lab named Buck who looks so much like Butch. As soon as Randy saw Butch he asked me if I would make him one. How can I resist?

The fabrics used in the kits, which can be ordered directly from Bigfork Bay Cotton Co., are all by Batik Textiles. They are by far my favorite Batik company and anyone who knows me and how much I LOVE my batiks knows that is a big deal. Batik Textiles keep coming out with more wonderful colors and designs all the time.

No comments: